CDIAC Presentations, Publications, and Awards
- Cushman, R. M., and S. B. Jones. 1997. The Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center and World
Data Center-A for Atmospheric Trace Gases. Kyoto and Beyond: International Climate Change Policy
Moves to Center Stage. Washington, D.C., November.
- Cushman, R. M. 1998. CDIAC: Data and Information for Global-Change Studies, Special Libraries
Association 89th Annual Conference. Indianapolis, Ind., June.
- Cushman, R. M. 1998. CDIAC's Recent Working Group VIII Activities. Working Group VIII Meeting,
Boulder, Colo., September.
- Kaiser, D. P. 1998. Analysis of Monthly Mean Cloud Amount for China: 1951-1994. Ninth
Symposium on Global Change Studies, Phoenix, Ariz., January.
- Cushman, R. M. 1997. Publications, Presentations, and Awards of the Carbon Dioxide Information
Analysis Center and World Data Center-A for Atmospheric Trace Gases. ORNL/CDIAC-101. Oak Ridge
National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- Kaiser, D. P. 1998. Analysis of total cloud amount over China, 1951-1994. Geophysical Research
Letters 25:(19)3599-3602. (http://www.agu.org/GRL/articles/98GL52784/GL483W01A.html)
- Shriner, D. S., R. B. Street, R. Ball, D. D'Amours, K. Duncan, D. Kaiser, A. Maarouf, L. Mortsch,
P. Mulholland, R. Neilson, J. A. Patz, J. D. Scheraga, J. G. Titus, H. Vaughan, and M. Weltz. 1998.
Chapter 8, North America, in The Regional Impacts of Climate Change, Intergovernmental Panel on
Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- 1997 Technical Publications Competition sponsored by the East Tennessee Chapter of the Society for
Technical Communication (STC).
Award of Merit in the technical reports category (conferred in February 1998).
Carbon-14 Measurements in Atmospheric CO2 from Northern and Southern Hemisphere Sites,
1962-1993 (Thomas A. Boden and Virgene Zumbrunn)
- 1997 Online Competition, sponsored by the Atlanta Chapter of the Society for Technical Communications.
Award of Excellence in the technical publications category (conferred in April 1998).
Carbon Dioxide, Hydrographic, and Chemical Data Obtained During the R/V Meteor Cruise 18/1 in the North Atlantic Ocean (Alexander Kozyr) (http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/oceans/ndp_056/ndp056.html)
Awards of Achievement in online newsletters
CDIAC Communications Spring Issue No. 23 (Karen N. Gibson and Frederick M. O'Hara)
DOE Research Summary. Historical Variations in Terrestrial Biospheric Carbon Storage (Wilfred M. Post, Anthony W. King, Stan D. Wullschleger, Forrest M. Hoffman, and Marvel D. Burtis)
- Additional Awards
Karen Gibson received a Lockheed Martin Energy Research Corporation Significant Event Award recognizing her role and efforts in producing the newsletter CDIAC Communications which received an
award in the 1996 Atlanta Online Competition of the STC, October 1997
Sonja Jones received the Environmental Sciences Division award for Distinguished Technical Achievement, May 1998.
Dale Kaiser received a Lockheed Martin Energy Research Corporation Significant Event Award recognizing his role as lead author on the North American Chapter of the Intergovernmental Panel on
Climate Change's 1998 special report, The Regional Impacts of Climate Change, April 1998.
- Tom Boden and Tony King received funding support for three years from DOE's Integrated Assessment of Global Climate Change Research Program for their proposal National and Global Supply Curves for Land-Use CO2 Emissions from an Ecological Land-Use Emissions Model and National Land-Use and Land-Cover Change Statistics.