- Boden, T. A. The Kyoto Protocol: Evaluation of Existing Data and Verification Data
Requirements. Graduate political science class. Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, April 1999.
- King, A. W., and T. A. Boden. National and Global Supply Curves for Land-Use CO2
Emissions from an Ecological Land-Use Emissions Model and National Land-Use and Land-Cover Change Statistics. Workshop on Estimating the Costs of Biological Carbon
Sequestration. Cambridge, Mass., June 1999.
- Cushman, R. M., J. Beauchamp, and A. Brenkert. Validating CDIAC's Population-Based
Approach to the Disaggregation of Within-Country CO2 Emissions. Global Climate Change:
Science, Policy, and Mitigation/Adaptation Strategies. Washington, D.C., October 1998.
- Cushman, R. M., T. A. Boden, M. P. Farrell, S. B. Jones, D. P. Kaiser, P. Kanciruk, E. E.
Mitchell, T. R. Nelson, and R. J. Sepanski. Retrospective on CDIAC's Activities in United
States-China Research on the Greenhouse Effect. Tenth Science Team Meeting of the U.S.
Department of Energy and the Chinese Academy of Sciences Joint Research on the
Greenhouse Effect, Beijing, China, June 1999.
- Kaiser, D. P. Decreasing cloudiness over China: An updated analysis examining additional
variables. Fourth Science Team Meeting of the U.S. DOE and the China Meteorological
Administration's Joint Research on Regional Climate, Beijing, China, June 1999.
- Marland, G., T. Boden, A. Brenkert, and R. J. Andres. Historical and Projected Global
Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Global Climate Change: Science, Policy, and
Mitigation/Adaptation Strategies. Washington, D.C., October 1998.
- Andres, R. J., D. J. Fielding, G. Marland, T. A. Boden, and N. Kumar. 1999. Carbon dioxide
emissions from fossil-fuel use, 1751-1950. Tellus 51B:759-765.
- Cushman, R. M. 1999. Global climatic-change modeling and monitoring. pp. 291-298. In D.
E. Alexander and R. W. Fairbridge (eds.), Encyclopedia of Environmental Science. Kluwer
Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Boston, and London.
- Cushman, R. M., J. Beauchamp, and A. L. Brenkert. 1999. Validating CDIAC's population-based approach to the disaggregation of within-country CO2 emissions. pp. 374-385 In J.
Kinsman, C. V. Mathai, M. Baer, E. Holt, and M. Trexler (eds.), Global Climate Change:
Science, Policy, and Mitigation/Adaptation Strategies. Air & Waste Management Association,
- Cushman, R. M., T. A. Boden, M. P. Farrell, S. B. Jones, D. P. Kaiser, P. Kanciruk,
E. E. Mitchell, T. R. Nelson, and R. J. Sepanski. 1999. Retrospective on CDIAC's activities in
United States-China research on the greenhouse effect. pp. 122-127. In S.-Y. Tao, M. R.
Riches, P.-Q. Chen, and W.-C. Wang (eds.), Greenhouse Effect and Climate Change. China
Ocean Press, Beijing
- Marland, G., T. Boden, A. Brenkert, and R. J. Andres. 1999. Historical and projected global
greenhouse gas emissions. pp. 37-42. In J. Kinsman, C. V. Mathai, M. Baer, E. Holt, and M.
Trexler (eds.), Global Climate Change: Science, Policy, and Mitigation/Adaptation Strategies.
Air & Waste Management Association, Pittsburgh.
- Marland, G., A. Brenkert, and J. Olivier. 1999. CO2 from fossil fuel burning: A comparison of
ORNL and EDGAR estimates of national emissions. Environmental Science and Policy
Awards and Kudos
- 1999 Technical Publications Competition sponsored by the East Tennessee Chapter of the
Society for Technical Communication (STC).
Award of Merit in technical reports (conferred in February 1999)
Surface Water and Atmospheric Underway Carbon Data Obtained During the World
Ocean Circulation Experiment Indian Ocean Survey Cruises (R/V Knorr, December
1994-January 1996) (NDP-064) (Linda Allison and Alex Kozyr, CDIAC, and Christopher
Sabine, Princeton University)
Award of Excellence in informational materials (conferred in February 1999)
Catalog of Databases and Reports (Marvel Burtis and Karen Gibson, CDIAC)
- 1998 Online Competition sponsored by the Atlanta Chapter of the Society for Technical
Award of Merit in the web site category (conferred in April 1999).
Terrestrial Ecology and Global Change [Terrestrial Ecological Research Initiative
(TECO) Web page] (Karen Gibson)
- World-Class Teamwork Award presented to Tom Boden and Karen Gibson by the Oak
Ridge National Laboratory Value Awards Committee for their exceptional teamwork with
Linda Armstrong, Mark Bevelhimer, and Chris Poole, all of the Environmental Sciences
Division, in creating the ESD Web site.
- CDIAC is included in the World Resources Institute Guide to Global Environmental
Statistics among "organizations that are doing the best job of identifying and locating global