- Bates, T. S., K. C. Kelly, and J. E. Johnson. 1993. Concentrations and fluxes of dissolved biogenic gases (DMS, CH4, CO, CO2) in the equatorial Pacific during the SAGA-3 experiment. Journal of Geophysical Research 98: 16969-16977.
- Butler, J. H., J. W. Elkins, C. M. Brunson, K. B. Egan, T. M. Thompson, T. J. Conway, and B. D. Hall. 1988. Trace gases in and over the West Pacific and East Indian Oceans during the El Nino - Southern oscillation event of 1987. NOAA Data Report ERL ARL-16. Air Resources Laboratory, Boulder, CO.
- Broecker, W. S., and T.-H. Peng. 1982. Tracers in the Sea. Eldigio Press, Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory of Columbia University, Palisades, New York.
- Goff, J., and S. Gratch. 1946. Low-pressure properties of water from -160 to 212°F. Transactions American Society of Heating and Ventilating Engineers 52: 95-122.
- Guggenheim, E. A. 1967. Thermodynamics. 5th edition. North-Holland, Amsterdam.
- IPCC. 1990. Climate Change: The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Assessment. Published for the IPCC, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Keeling, C. D., S. C. Piper, and M. Heimann. 1989. A three-dimensional model of atmospheric CO2 transport based on observed winds, 4. Mean annual gradients and interannual variations. In D. H. Peterson (ed.), Aspects of Climate Variability in the Pacific and the Western Americas. Geophysical Monograph 55:305-363.
- Lynch, J. M., L. J. Mangum, and S. P. Hayes. 1988. CTD/O2 measurements during 1986 as part of the Equatorial Pacific Ocean Climate Studies (EPOCS). NOAA Data Report ERL PMEL-24. Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
- Mangum L. J., J. M. Lynch, K. McTaggart, L. Stratton, and S. Hayes. 1991. CTD/O2 data measurements collected on TEW (Transport of Equatorial Waters) June-August 1987. NOAA Data Report ERL PMEL-33. Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
- Mangum L., J. Lynch, L. Stratton, and K. McTaggart. 1993. CTD/O2 measurements during 1987 and 1988 as part of the Equatorial Pacific Ocean Climate Studies (EPOCS). NOAA Data Report ERL PMEL- 46. Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
- Marland, G., and R. M. Rotty. 1984. Carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuels: a procedure for estimation and results for 1950-1982. Tellus 36B: 232-261.
- Murphy, P. P., R. A. Feely, R. H. Gammon, D. E. Harrison, K. C. Kelly, and L. S. Waterman. 1991. Assessment of the air-sea exchange of CO2 in the South Pacific during austral autumn. Journal of Geophysical Research 96:20455-20465.
- Murphy, P. P., K. C. Kelley, R. A. Feely, and R. H. Gammon. 1994. Carbon dioxide concentrations in surface water and the atmosphere: PMEL cruises 1986-1989. NOAA Technical Memorandum ERL PMEL-101. Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
- Murphy, P. P., C. Cosca, D. C. Lee, and R. A. Felly. 1993. Temperature calibration and correction report for PMEL trace gas cruises 1986-1989. NOAA Technical Memorandum ERL PMEL-97. Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
- Robinson, R. 1954. The vapour pressure and osmotic equivalence of sea water. Journal of the Marine Biological Association, U.K. 33:449-455.
- Thoning, K., P. Tans, T. J. Conway, and L. S. Waterman. 1987. NOAA/GMCC calibrations of CO2-in-air reference gases: 1979-1985. NOAA Technical Memorandum ERL ARL-150. Air Resources Laboratory, Boulder, Colorado.
- Weiss, R. F. 1970. The solubility of nitrogen, oxygen and argon on water and seawater. Deep-Sea Research 17:721-735.
- Weiss, R. F. 1974. Carbon dioxide in water and seawater: The solubility of a non-ideal gas. Marine Chemistry 2:203-215.
- Weiss, R.F. 1981. Determinations of carbon dioxide and methane by dual catalyst flame ionization chromatography and nitrous oxide by electron capture chromatography. Journal of Chromatographic Science 19:611-616.
- Weiss, R. F., R. A. Jahnke, and C. D. Keeling. 1982. Seasonal effects of temperature and salinity on the partial pressure of CO2 in seawater. Nature 300:511-513.
- Weiss, R. F., and B. A. Price. 1980. Nitrous oxide solubility in water and seawater. Marine Chemistry 8:347-359.
- Wisegarver, D. P., J. L. Bullister, R. H. Gammon, F. A. Menzia, and K. C. Kelly. 1993. NOAA chlorofluorocarbon tracer program air and seawater measurements: 1986-1989. NOAA Data Report ERL PMEL-43. Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
- WOCE Operations Manual, Rev. 1. 1991. WOCE Hydrographic Program Office Report WHPO 90-1. WOCE Report No. 67/91. Vol. 3, Sec. 3.1, Part 3.2.1.