- Armstrong, F.A.J., C.R. Sterns, and J.D.H. Strickland. 1967. The measurement of upwelling and subsequent biological processes by means of the Technicon Autoanalyzer and associated equipment. Deep-Sea Res. 14:381-89.
- Atlas, E.L., S.W. Hager, L.I. Gordon, and P.K. Park. 1971. A Practical Manual for Use of the Technicon in Seawater Nutrient Analyses; Revised. Technical Report 215, Reference 71-22, Oregon State Univ., Dept. of Oceanography.
- Bernhardt, H., and A. Wilhelms. 1967. The continuous determination of low lewel iron, soluble phosphate and total phosphate with the Autoanalyzer. Technicon Symposia. 1:385-89.
- Bradshaw, A. L., P. G. Brewer, D. K. Shafer, and R. T. Williams. 1981. Measurements of total carbon dioxide and alkalinity by potentiometric titration in the GEOSECS program. Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. 55:99-115.
- Brewer, P. G., A. L. Bradshaw, and R. T. Williams. 1986. Measurements of total carbon dioxide and alkalinity in the North Atlantic Ocean in 1981. pp. 358-81. In D. Reiche (ed.), The Global Carbon Cycle: Analysis of the Natural Cycle and Implications of Anthropogenic Alterations for the Next Century. Springer, New York.
- Brewer, P. G., C. Goyet, and D. Dyrssen. 1989. Carbon dioxide transport by ocean currents at 25oN latitude in the Atlantic Ocean. Science 246:477-79.
- Bryden, H. L., and M. M. Hall. 1980. Heat transport by ocean currents across 25oN latitude in the North Atlantic Ocean. Science 207:884.
- Bullister, J.L. and R.F. Weiss. 1988. Determination of CCl3F and CCl2F2 in seawater and air. Deep-Sea Res. 35:839-53.
- Carpenter, J.H. 1965. The Chesapeake Bay Institute technique for the Winkler dissolved oxygen method. Limnol. & Oceanogr. 10:141-43.
- Chipman, D. W., J. Marra, and T. Takahashi. 1993. Primary production at 47oN and 20oW in the North Atlantic Ocean: A comparison between the 14C incubation method and the mixed layer carbon budget. Deep-Sea Res. 40:151-69.
- Culberson, C.H. and R.T. Williams. 1991. A comparison of methods for the determination of dissolved oxygen in seawater. WHP Office Report, WHPO 91-2, August, 1991.
- Dyrssen D. 1965. A gran titration of sea water on board SAGITTA. Acta Chemica Scand. 19:1265.
- Guenther, P. R., C. D. Keeling, and G. Emanuele III. 1994. Oceanic CO2 Measurements for the WOCE Hydrographic Survey in the Pacific Ocean, 1990-1991: Shore Based Analyses. SIO Reference Series, Ref. No. 94-28. University of California.
- Hager, S.W., E.L. Atlas, L.D. Gordon, A.W. Mantyla, and P.K. Park. 1972. A comparison at sea of manual and autoanalyzer analyses of phosphate, nitrate, and silicate. Limnol. & Oceanogr. 17:931-37.
- Johnson, K. M., A. E. King, and J. McN. Sieburth. 1985. Coulometric TCO2 analyses for marine studies: An introduction. Mar. Chem. 16:61-82.
- Joyce, T., and C. Corry (eds.). 1994. Requirements for WOCE Hydrographic Programme Data Reporting. Rew. 2. Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Mass.
- Kester, D.R. 1975. Dissolved gases other than CO2. In Chemical Oceanography, Vol. 1, edited by J.P. Riley and G. Skirrow, Academic Press, London, 498-556.
- Millero, F.J., C.-T. Chen, A. Bradshaw, and K. Schleicher. 1980. A new high pressure equation of state for seawater. Deep.Sea Res. 27:255-64.
- Roemmich, D., and C. Wunsch. 1985. Two transatlantic sections: Meridional circulation and heat flux in the subtropical North Atlantic Ocean. Deep-Sea Res. 32:619-64.
- Takahashi, T., D. Chipman, N. Schechtman, J. Goddard, and R. Wanninkof. 1982. Measurements of the partial pressure of CO2 in discrete water samples during the North Atlantic Expedition, the Transient Tracers of Oceans Project. Technical Report to NSF, Lamont-Doherty Geol. Obs., Palisades, NY.
- Takahashi, T., J. G. Goddard, S. Rubin, D. W. Chipman, and S. C. Sutherland. 1993. Investigation of Carbon Dioxide in the Central South Pacific Ocean (WOCE Sections P-16C and P-17C) during the TUNES/2 Expedition of the R/V Thomas Washington, July August, 1991. Final Technical Report for grant DE-FGO2-90-ER60983, LDEO of Columbia University, Palisades, N.Y.
- Weiss, R.F. 1981. Determination of CO2 and methane by dual catalyst flame ionization chromatography and nitrous oxide by electron capture chromatography. Jour. of Chromatogr. Sci. 19:611-616.
- Williams, P. J. 1990. Oceans, carbon, and climate change. Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR), Halifax, Canada.