- Armstrong, F. A. J., C. R. Stearns, and J. D. H. Strickland. 1967. The measurement of upwelling and subsequent biological processes by means of the Technicon Autoanalyzer and associated equipment. Deep-Sea Res. 14:381-89.
- Bernhardt, H., and A. Wilhelms. 1967. The continuous determination of low level iron, soluble phosphate and total phosphate with the AutoAnalyzer. Technicon Symp. 1:385-89.
- Carpenter, J. H. 1965. The Chesapeake Bay Institute technique for the Winkler dissolved oxygen method. Limnol. Oceanogr. 10:141-43.
- Chipman, D. W., J. Marra, and T. Takahashi. 1993. Primary production at 47° N and 20° W in the North Atlantic Ocean: A comparison between the 14C incubation method and the mixed layer carbon budget. Deep-Sea Res. 40:151-69.
- Chipman, D. W., S. Rubin, and T. Takahashi. 1996. Investigation of Carbon Dioxide Along the WOCE Section S4P in the Pacific Sector of the Southern Ocean, February-April, 1992. Final Technical Report for grant DE-FGO2-92-ER61397, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University, Palisades, N.Y.
- Culberson, C. H., and R. T. Williams. 1991. A Comparison of Methods for the Determination of Dissolved Oxygen in Seawater. Report No. WHPO 91-2. WOCE Hydrographic Programme Office. Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Mass.
- Gordon, L. I., J. C. Jennings, Jr., A. A. Ross, and J. M. Krest. 1992. A Suggested Protocol for Continuous Flow Automated Analysis of Seawater Nutrients in the WOCE Hydrographic Programme and the Joint Global Ocean Fluxes Study. Technical Report No. 92-1. College of Oceanography, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oreg.
- Kester, D. R. 1975. Dissolved gases other than CO2. pp. 498-556. In J. P. Riley and G. Skirrow (eds.), Chemical Oceanography, Vol. 1. Academic Press, London.
- Tans, P. P., I. Y. Fung, and T. Takahashi. 1990. Observational constraints on the global atmospheric CO2 budget. Science 247:1431-38.
- UNESCO. 1981. Background Papers and Supporting Data on the Practical Salinity Scale, 1978. UNESCO Technical Papers in Marine Science, No. 37.