- Armstrong, F. A. J., C. R. Stearns, and J. D. H. Strickland. 1967. The measurement of upwelling and subsequent biological processes by means of the Technicon Autoanalyzer and associated equipment. Deep-Sea Res.14:381-89.
- Bernhardt, H., and A. Wilhelms. 1967. The continuous determination of low level iron, soluble phosphate and total phosphate with the AutoAnalyzer. Technicon Symp. 1:385-89.
- Brewer, P. G., C. Goyet, and D. Dyrssen. 1989. Carbon dioxide transport by ocean currents at 25° N latitude in the Atlantic Ocean. Science 246:477-79.
- Bryden, H. L., and M. M. Hall. 1980. Heat transport by ocean currents across 25° N latitude in the North Atlantic Ocean. Science 207:884.
- Carpenter, J. H. 1965. The Chesapeake Bay Institute technique for the Winkler dissolved oxygen method. Limnol. Oceanogr. 10:141-43.
- Chipman, D. W., J. Marra, and T. Takahashi. 1993. Primary production at 47° N and 20° W in the North Atlantic Ocean: A comparison between the 14C incubation method and the mixed layer carbon budget. Deep-Sea Res. 40:151-69.
- Culberson, C. H., and R. T. Williams. 1991. A Comparison of Methods for the Determination of Dissolved Oxygen in Seawater. Report No. WHPO 91-2. WOCE Hydrographic Programme Office. Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Mass.
- Gordon, L. I., J. C. Jennings, Jr., A. A. Ross, and J. M. Krest. 1992. A Suggested Protocol for Continuous Flow Automated Analysis of Seawater Nutrients in the WOCE Hydrographic Programme and the Joint Global Ocean Fluxes Study. Technical Report No. 92-1. College of Oceanography, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oreg.
- Guenther, P. R., C. D. Keeling, and G. Emanuele III. 1994. Oceanic CO2 Measurements for the WOCE Hydrographic Survey in the Pacific Ocean, 1990-1991: Shore Based Analyses. SIO Reference Series, Ref. No. 94-28. University of California, San Diego, Calif.
- Roemmich, D., and C. Wunsch. 1985. Two transatlantic sections: Meridional circulation and heat flux in the subtropical North Atlantic Ocean. Deep-Sea Res. 32:619-64.
- Takahashi, T., D. W. Chipman, S. Rubin, J. G. Goddard, and S. C. Sutherland. 1998. Measurements of the Total CO2 Concentration and Partial Pressure of CO2 in Seawater During WOCE Expeditions P-16, P-17, and P-19 in the South Pacific Ocean, October, 1992-April, 1993. Final Technical Report for grant DE-FGO2-93-ER61539, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University, Palisades, N.Y.
- Williams, P. J. 1990. Oceans, carbon, and climate change. Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR), Halifax, Canada.
- UNESCO. 1981. Background Papers and Supporting Data on the Practical Salinity Scale, 1978. UNESCO Technical Papers in Marine Science, No. 37. UNESCO, Paris.