6. References Cited
- Chipman, D. W., T. Takahashi, D. Breger, and S. C. Sutherland (1992). Investigation of carbon dioxide in the South Atlantic and Northern Weddell Sea areas (WOCE Sections A-12 and A-21) during the Meteor Expedition 11/5, January-March 1990. Final Technical Report to DOE, Lamont-Doherty Geological Obs., Palisades, NY, 157 pp.
- Chipman, D. W., J. Marra, and T. Takahashi (1993). Primary production at 47° N and 20° W in the North Atlantic Ocean: A comparison between the 14C incubation method and the mixed layer carbon budget. Deep-Sea. Res., 40:151-169.
- Chipman, D. W., S. Rubin, and T. Takahashi (1996). Investigation of carbon dioxide along the WOCE section S-4P in the Pacific sector of the Southern Ocean, February-April 1992. Final Technical Report for Grant No. DE-FGO2-92-ER61397, Lamont-Doherty Earth Obs., Palisades, NY, 57 pp.
- Culberson, C.H., and R. M. Pytkowicz (1973). Ionization of water in seawater. Mar. Chem., 1:403-417.
- Goyet, C., P. R. Guenther, C. D. Keeling, and L. D. Talley (1996). Carbon dioxide, hydrographic and chemical data obtained during the R/V Thomas Washington cruise TUNES-3 in the equatorial Pacific Ocean (WOCE section P16C). ORNL/CDIAC-96, NDP-060. Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 94 pp.
- Ingri, N. (1959). Equilibrium studies of poly anions, IV. Silicate ions in NaCl medium. Acta Chem. Scand., 13:758-775.
- Johnson, K. M., D. W. R. Wallace, R. J. Wilke, and C. Goyet. (1995). Carbon dioxide, hydrographic and chemical data obtained during the R/V Meteor Cruise 15/3 in the South Atlantic Ocean (WOCE Section A9, February-March 1991). ORNL/CDIAC-82, NDP-051. Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 53 pp.
- Johnson, K. M., B. Schneider, L. Mintrop, and D. W. R. Wallace (1996). Carbon dioxide, hydrographic and chemical data obtained during the R/V Meteor Cruise 18/1 in the North Atlantic Ocean (WOCE section A1E, September 1991). ORNL/CDIAC-91, NDP-056, Carbon Dioxide Information and Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 53 pp.
- Kester, D. R., and R. M. Pytkowicz (1967). Determination of the apparent dissociation constants of phosphoric acid in seawater. Limnol. Oceanogr., 12:243-252
- Lamb, M. F., J. L. Bullister, R. A. Feely, G. C. Johnson, D. P. Wisegarver, B. Taft, R. Wanninkhof, K. E. McTaggart, K. A. Krogslund, C. Mordy, K. Hargreaves, D. Greeley, T. Lantry, H. Chen, B. Huss, F. J. Millero, R. H. Byrne, D. A. Hansell, F. P. Chavez, P. D. Quay, P. R. Guenther, J.-Z Zhang, W. D. Gardner, M. J. Richardson, and T.-H. Peng (1997). Chemical and hydrographic measurements in the eastern Pacific during the CGC94 expedition (WOCE Section P-18), NOAA Data Report ERL PMEL-61, Environmental Research Laboratories, NOAA, Seattle, WA, 235 pp.
- Lamb, M. R., R. A. Feely, L. Moore, and D. K. Atwood (1995). Total carbon dioxide, hydrographic and nitrate measurements in the Southwest Pacific during austral autumn, 1990: Results from NOAA/PMEL CGC-90 Cruise. ORNL/CDIAC-84, NDP-052. Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 76 pp.
- Lyman, J. (1956). Buffer mechanism of sea water. Ph.D. Thesis, UCLA, 196 pp.
- Mehrbach, C., C. Culberson, J. E. Hawley, and R. M. Pytkowicz (1973). Measurement of the apparent dissociation constants of carbonic acid in seawater at atmospheric pressure. Limnol. and Oceanogr., 18:897-907.
- Millero, F. J. (1979). The thermodynamics of the carbonate system in seawater. Geochim. et Cosmochim. Acta, 43:1651-1661.
- Millero, F. J., C.-T. Chen, A. Bradshaw, and K. Schleicher (1980). A new high pressure equation of state for seawater. Deep-Sea Res., 27:255-264.
- Murphy, P. P., R. A. Feely, R. H. Gammon, D. E. Harrison, K. C. Kelly, and L. S. Waterman (1991). Assessment of the air-sea exchange of CO2 in the South Pacific during austral autumn. Jour. Geophys. Res., 96:20455-65.
- Murray, N. N., and J. P. Riley (1969). The solubility of gases in distilled water and seawater - II. Oxygen. Deep-Sea Res., 16:311-320.
- Peng, T.-H., T. Takahashi, W. S. Broecker, and J. Olafsson (1987). Seasonal variability of carbon dioxide, nutrients and oxygen in the northern North Atlantic surface water. Observations and a model. Tellus, 39B:439-458.
- Rubin, S., J. Goddard, D. Chipman, and T. Takahashi (1996). Carbon dioxide partial pressure in surface waters in the Pacific sector of the southern oceans during austral summer, 1992 and 1994. U.S. Antarct. Journ., 31:113-115.
- Sabine, C. L., D. W. Wallace, and F. J. Millero (1997). Survey of CO2 in the oceans reveals clues about global carbon cycle. EOS, TRANS. Am. Geophys. Union, 78:49-55.
- Takahashi, T., D. Chipman, N. Schechtman, J. Goddard, and R. Wanninkhof (1982). Measurements of the partial pressure of CO2 in discrete water samples during the North Atlantic Expedition, the Transient Tracers of Oceans Project. Technical Report to NSF, Lamont-Doherty Geol. Obs., Palisades, NY, 268 pp.
- Takahashi, T., J. G. Goddard, S. Rubin, D. W. Chipman, S. C. Sutherland, and C. Goyet (1995). Carbon dioxide, hydrographic and chemical data obtained in the central South Pacific Ocean (WOCE Sections P17S and P16S) during the TUNES-2 Expedition of the R/V Thomas Washington, July-August 1991. ORNL/CDIAC-86, NDP-054. Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 210 pp.
- Weiss, R. F. (1981). Determinations of CO2and methane by dual catalyst flame ionization chromatography and nitrous oxide by electron capture chromatography. Jour. of Chromatogr. Sci., 19:611-616.